Monday, February 9, 2009

Valuable Life Lessons

Yes, this weekend I learned some very valuable life lessons. Well, maybe not so valuable, but still life lessons ;) We had a CRAZY weekend! Mostly LOTS of FUN!!!! But I did learn a few things, and thought I shoudl share them, in case you all wanted to know ;) lol...Actually, just cuz I'm bored and tired, and needed to do SOMETHING to waste the time...so enjoy ;)

1) I do NOT know how to "drizzle" chocolate...I learned this as I was attempting to make dessert. I was making some Caramel Turtle Bars. The picture looked VERY yummy! However, my chocolate dd not want to "drizzle" on the top, so I ended up with some big clumps of chocolate, and other spots with none. So, the actual result looked like a big pile of something nasty, NOTHING like the picture. If anyone has any tricks of how to get chocolate to "drizzle" please share. One of these days I may actually learn how to make food look as good as the picture...lol.

2) I am supposedly the only one of my friends who watches the Disney Channel all day every day...Now of course that has absolutely nothing to do with having 2 little kids, lol. I just thought everyone knew Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana song. I was VERY wrong in this assumption.

3) I am not the only person in this world who ONLY listens to country...Thank you for proving this to my hubby! He thought I was a crazy person for not knowing non-Country songs. Now, I may be crazy, but at least I'm not alone :)

4) I have spastic (not sure if that's the right spelling) veins...Basically, my veins spasm, so the nurses have to wait between spasms to poke me to do an IV. A very interresting discovery, and now it makes sense why even the most experienced nurses ALWAYS miss the first time they go for my veins.

5) I have the most sympathetic, sweetest 4-year-old in the WORLD...Ok, I have to tell a little story with this. So, I can't walk today, you know, the MS stuff. Anyway, so my sweet son, Braedyn, saw me laying on the bathroom floor trying to get out of the bathroom, daddy was outside shoveling the sidewalks and driveway, so I was just patiently waiting for him. Well, Braedyn comes over and says, "mom, I'm a gentleman, I can help, what do you need me to do". I told him I am too heavy, so I will just wait for daddy. He said "No, daddy might take a long forever so give me your hand and I can take you to bed, that's what a good gentleman would do" (I have no idea where he learned this btw). I said ok, and gave him my hands. He pulled as hard as he could, and of course only moved me like an inch. I told him it's ok, we'll just wait for daddy. He said "No, I can do it! I love you!" so he just kept pulling and pulling. Well, he wore himself out, and didn't get me very far. so I turned to my back and started using my shoulders to pull myself. Braedyn sat by me the whole time cheering me on saying "you can do it mom! You're so awesome! almost there! Just a little more!" Of course, Brock was just laughing, he was having a good ol' time watching me try to scoot along on my back since he has no idea what in the world is going on. I could tell amillion omre stories of him today with being so patient with me, but that could take all night, so we'll just stick with the one :)

Those are the top 5 life lessons I learned this weekend. Very interresting, I know...lol ;) But hey, there are lessons in everything, and when I'm extremely tired, but can't sleep, these are the things I come up with...gotta love me :)

2 comments:

  1. Tambi you amaze me, I really don't know how you function - ever. And that child of yours has to be the sweetest kid I've ever met. You totally had me in tears. And yes, he is a gentleman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds like your son has been blessed with your awesome attitude!!! He sounds like such a joy!

    ReplyDelete